Cosmetic Dermatology is an Alternative to Surgery in Encinitas?
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 438,391 face, forehead, and neck lifts, and eyelid procedures were performed in 2016. Apparently, those individuals could commit to the expense and substantial recovery time associated with surgical rejuvenation. Cosmetic dermatologycan be a terrific alternative if you “aren’t quite there yet,” want to take a proactive stance against aging and don’t want any downtime. Dr. Amanda Lloyd in Encinitas offers a full range of solutions for North County San Diego.
Most people begin to seriously consider cosmetic dermatology as changes become apparent in their 30s, 40, or later. This is a good time to consider Botox to soften the wrinkles caused by repeated facial expressions and sun damage. It improves fine lines and mild to moderate wrinkles on the upper third of the face, and it can be used artistically at the nose, mouth, and chin.
Dermal fillers are appropriate for replacing the volume the face has lost. As we get older, the face loses volume and gravity takes over making everything sag around the mouth. Dermal fillers are used expertly by Dr. Lloyd to replace the lost volume to refresh your look. You still look like you, with a natural refreshed appearance.
There is a growing trend toward postponing visible signs of aging by starting early. Dr. Lloyd recommends that women and men as young as their mid to late 20s consider these steps to keep wrinkles from forming:
- Daily sun protection, with quality, broad-spectrum, high SPF products.
- Individualized skin care regimen, including moisturizers, exfoliating ingredients, anti-oxidants, retinoids, and peptides.
- A Clear + Brilliant laser treatment program to maintain even skin tone and refined texture.
- Responsible use of Botox to prevent wrinkles from forming.
- Appropriate application of dermal fillers to supplement underlying structure and reduce skin sagging.
It is never too early or too late to have healthy, radiant skin. Call Skin and Vein Institute in Encinitas at (760) 642-6674 for a cosmetic dermatology consultation with Board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Amanda Lloyd so you can look stunning. Always.
Back to Cosmetic Dermatology Home Page