Low-cost buys that will work wonders on your skin
The quality and clarity of your skin play a primary role in making you look beautiful and healthy. What you put on your skin is very important in maintaining it in optimal condition. Professional dermatology treatments are important but possibly even more important is your daily routine and the products that you use to nourish your skin and make it glow.
You may think that expensive beauty products are always better, but this is not necessarily the case. Here are a few product recommendations which are just as safe, effective and won’t break your bank:
- Purpose gentle cleanser – Soaps can irritate the skin, suck it dry and clog pores. The Purpose cleanser removes dirt, dust, oils, and makeup from the skin without drying it. It is hypoallergenic and suits all types of skin, even the most sensitive. It is suitable for the entire family.
- Glytone Mild Gel wash – This facewash has a small amount of glycolic acid in it which gently exfoliates the skin while cleaning it and does not leave the skin dry or itchy.
- CeraVe lotion – This moisturizer is lightweight, free of oils, helps hydrate the skin and restore its natural balance. It includes hyaluronic acid, three essential ceramides and provides 24-hour hydration. The non-comedogenic formula won’t clog pores, is hypoallergenic and non-irritating, and can be used every day.
- SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid – This moisturizer has everything you could possibly need to hydrate your skin. If your skin is sensitive, normal or dry and is in need of some intense moisturization this is the product for you. It has hyaluronic acid, cholesterol, fatty acids, ceramides, lipids and a few gentile botanicals to rehydrate your skin and give it that healthy glow.
- La Roche Posay mineral sunscreen – The advanced UVA/UVB broad-spectrum mineral sunscreen is SPF 50+. It has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, no chemicals, and can be safely used on even sensitive skin.
- Elta MD Clear – This sunscreen is great for anyone with acne prone skin or those of you who do not like the greasy feel of sunscreen. It is lightweight, won’t run in your eyes with sweat, is a SPF 46 and won’t clog your pores.
Please email [email protected] or call (760) 642-6674 to discuss the above and other effective skincare products with Dr. Amanda Lloyd of Skin & Vein Institute.