Six tips for combating the dry skin of winter
In the Encinitas area, we enjoy milder temperatures than our neighbors to the north and east. Yet cool nights and indoor heat still take a toll on skin. Dr. Amanda Lloyd is dedicated to helping others enjoy healthy complexions. She suggests these steps for radiant skin throughout the winter season.
- Hydration starts inside your body, so drink extra water in winter. If you are not an H2O fan, try adding sliced citrus or botanicals to your water bottle for flavor.
- A high-quality moisturizer provides the hydrating boost skin craves in wintertime. Apply it to clean skin every night before bed.
- Dead skin cells block moisture retention but steer clear of aggressive exfoliants that may irritate skin. A gentile non drying face wash that exfoliates does the job nicely.
- Steamy showers and baths aggravate dry skin. Turn the temperature down a little, and don’t luxuriate too long in the tub.
- When lips get chapped and scaly, give them a little love by applying Vaseline before bed. Be sure to apply sunscreen to them daily, there are now very nice colored lip gloss options with sunscreen on the market.
- Visit Skin & Vein Institute for professional skin analysis. Dr. Lloyd makes an in-depth evaluation of your skin type, answers questions about concerning conditions, and recommends a professional grade skincare routine that works for you and leading-edge therapies to keep skin looking stunning. Always.