Beautiful medicine: Cosmetic dermatology in San Diego county
Why do faces look older?A youthful face is widest at the eyes and narrowest at the chin. As we age, we lose volume, muscle and bone diminish, fat pads are resorbed and gravity pulls everything down. The body produces less collagen and elastin which are fibrous proteins that keep skin thick and taut. Skin holds less internal hydration therefore it is lusterless and weathered. Therefore, the triangle of youth is flipped upside down which creates an aged look. Additionally, lifestyle habits – sun exposure, stress, smoking, and diet – contribute to facial aging.
At the Skin & Vein Institute with Dr. Amanda Lloyd, the triangle of youth is restored. She offers a range of cosmetic dermatology treatments to restore your youthful proportions, and give your skin a refined texture with a radiant glow.
- Skin care – A customized regimen of products suited to your skin type, from cleanser to sunscreen and formulations for special situations.
- Botox – Each time you frown, squint, or pucker, your skin is pulled into furrows. Over time, repeated expressions create dynamic wrinkles. Botox injections allow these muscles to relax, smoothing skin and softening wrinkles.
- Fillers – Injectable dermal fillers restore lost volume. These products provide lift, fill hollows, plump lips, and improve the appearance of static wrinkles. These restore the volume that is lost through the aging process.
- Kybella – Kybella dissolves fat. It is ideal for submental fat (double chin), subtracting the appearance of pounds and years from your profile.
- Laser therapies – As a member of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Dr. Lloyd is well-qualified to provide laser therapies that correct dull complexions and remove age spots, unwanted pigmentation and blemishes.
For cosmetic dermatology solutions that meet your personal skin rejuvenation objectives, schedule a consultation at Skin & Vein Institute in Encinitas. Call (760) 642-6674.
More Cosmetic dermatology Related Articles
Meet Dr. Amanda LloydDR. AMANDA LLOYD HAS BEEN SERVING HER PATIENTS MORE THAN 15 YEARS.
She can help you look and feel even more amazing in your skin because she is well trained in all aspects of dermatology including laser and cosmetics, skin cancer management including Mohs surgery and cosmetic reconstruction, medical dermatology and venous disease.Meet the Doctor