Superior skin care: Medical dermatology from a specialist
Common skin conditionsHere are just a few medical dermatology conditions treated at the Skin & Vein Institute:
- Acne - Pimples, white heads, black heads, cysts, and nodules can result in permanent scarring. Dr. Lloyd works with you, using the latest skin care, topical, oral, and laser treatments to get acne under control and get rid of it completely.
- Eczema – An autoimmune disorder that impairs the skin’s barrier function. Dr. Lloyd tailors care to your skin type.
- Melasma – Proper diagnosis and care for this skin discoloration are vital – numerous products and treatments worsen melasma.
- Psoriasis – This autoimmune disorder affects skin and joints. Thick red skin lesions with silvery scales are characteristic.
- Rosacea – Rosacea presents as redness, pus bumps, and red bumps on facial skin, especially around the nose. It can also make eyes feel dry and sandy. Dr. Lloyd helps patients identify triggers. A customized, physician-grade skin care routine combined with laser treatment produces excellent results.
- Skin cancer – This is the most common cancer in the United States. One in five Americans will have a basal cell carcinoma. Squamous cell carcinoma frequently appears on face and neck, and can spread to lymph nodes or organs. Melanoma is often deadly. All types of skin cancer are related to UV exposure. Dr. Lloyd is expertly trained and is experienced in a broad range of effective skin cancer treatments.
There is no need to suffer the embarrassment or discomfort of medical dermatologic conditions. Call Skin & Vein Institute at (760) 642-6674 for an appointment.
Latest Blog Post
Meet Dr. Amanda LloydDR. AMANDA LLOYD HAS BEEN SERVING HER PATIENTS MORE THAN 15 YEARS.
Board-Certified Dermatologist Dr. Amanda Lloyd has expertise ranging from cosmetic to cancerous. After completing her Bachelor’s degree, Medical Degree and Dermatology residency, she established the Skin & Vein Institute in Encinitas, CA. She is an authority on cosmetic dermatology and injectables, laser therapies, venous disease treatments and skin cancer surgery with cosmetic reconstruction. Additional training with Mohs Surgery and cosmetic dermatology fellowship, many published articles and textbook chapters have enhanced her profile.
Dr. Lloyd’s well-rounded approach to skin care, health, and appearance and membership in many dermatology associations have gained her respect among peers. She regularly lectures her peers at the dermatologic national meetings.
She has earned her patients trust as a dermatology authority who wants to make them look their best so they Look Stunning, Always.Meet the Doctor